Historical heritage and achievements of GOFA
The company GOFA – Gocher Fahrzeugbau GmbH is located in the heart of Europe. Goch is a city on the Lower Rhine, which is an economically strong region in North Rhine-Westphalia that is the most populous state in Germany.
The total size of the plant is about 100 000 square meters with growth options due to neighboring land that is owned by GOFA. Three building complexes provide space for altogether 10 production halls that cover a total of about 25 000 m² floor space.
In 1962 GOFA was founded as manufacturer of pressure tank vehicles by Heinrich Janssen. From the very beginning GOFA has produced vehicles for liquids and bulk goods as tank bodies, semi trailers or trailers with vessels made of carbon and stainless steel as well as aluminium.
Since the year 2000 GOFA has been producing outer and/or inner vessels from aluminium also in the cryogenic gas sector. Here our experience over decades with ADR aluminium pressure tanks in other product sectors serves as an important technologic basis.
Heinrich Janssen, the founder of GOFA died at the age of 83 in 2003. From that date his children Christa, Brigitte and Heinz, who had been long-standing employees in his company, took over the leadership. GOFA grew internationally in the following years.
In the course of their own generation change the Janssen siblings decided then in 2011 to sell GOFA to the globally operating Chart Group. Under the leadership of Chart the international growth course has been successfully continued. Christa and Brigitte Janssen entered well-earned retirement in 2012 while Heinz Janssen remains with the company as technical managing director.
Today GOFA is an internationally established and market-leading manufacturer of pressure tank vehicles. GOFA offers a full range of semi trailers, trailers, containers, swap bodies as well as fixed bodies in the product areas gas (cryogenic air gases, flammable cryogenic gases, CO2, LPG and other gases), liquids (chemicals, food) and bulk. Designs for all European countries and standards as well as for many other countries and regions are available.
The high grade and the durability of the products with a simultaneous excellent payload are highly regarded in the market. Our high flexibility during the realization of all customer-specific projects and requests in connection with our rapid reaction time is unique.
Every day GOFA is going to become more international. The customer base spreads far beyond the European borders by now. Our customer group ranges from global players as well as large and small medium-sized enterprises to the freight forwarder driving by himself.
Key benefits of brand GOFA
- Leading producer of vehicles for gases, especially cryogenic products, and also liquids and bulk goods on European market, having several tenth anniversaries of experience.
- Company was engaged in world-known competent network Chart Industries, which is a global specialist regarding offering of different solutions for cryogenic products, with 5.000 employees and turnover more than 1 milliard US$, which, of course, can offer a very different technology base than smaller market participants.
- High quality + very long operational period of vehicles.
- Low temporary maintenance costs during the whole operational period (even today many semitrailers GOFA, which were produced in 60-th and 70-th years, are in operation!)
- Many manufacturers offer optimized weight design, but at the same time GOFA also ensures high durability of vehicles.
- GOFA construction is very hard and stable and suitable for operation in poor road conditions typical for Eastern Europe, Africa or South America.
- Additionally, various structural elements are used, which allow to increase and enhance the strength of the chassis and mounting of the tank for off-road, while avoiding an extreme increase of semitrailers empty weight.
- In case of any problems with the vehicles of the brand GOFA, a manufacturer always take care of customers and help find a solution, never leaves the client to solve the problem by himself. The team always works quickly, efficiently, professionally and not bureaucratically, to give the customer the opportunity as soon as possible to return the vehicle in operation. You'll get a quick support whether you are buying directly from the company or through its distributor or representative.
- Individual equipment according to customer requirements is not a challenge for the manufacturer, but the constant living practice.
- Vehicles GOFA are also known like the best with the highest productivity (liters per minute) during discharge.
- As a rule, drivers who directly operate vehicles and have experience, first of all choose brand GOFA as opposed to other brands. Why is it so? Smooth running, lateral stability, maneuverability, comfort and easy in maintenance and ergonomics of all components.
- GOFA has special assist of maneuverability, which greatly facilitates the turning of the semitrailer in narrow curves and thus it is possible to avoid undesirable effects on the chassis strength and improve cornering (during forward and reverse driving).
- Russian speaking staff in the central office. GOFA Team - good education combined with many years of experience.
- The quality and the continuous improvement are goal and responsibility of our company and each individual employee.
- tank vehicles and containers for gases (cryogenic gases, CO2, flammable gases, compressed hydrogen gas)
- tank vehicles and containers for liquids (chemical and liquid foodstuff)